I will begin by explaining that I know that a blog should be flexible, dynamic, short, short, immediate, and consequently almost liquid.
I believe that all communication has to be responsible, thoughtful, strong to endure and expand and grow it who participates in the debate (how I wish that some are caught in it!). This does not mean to be boring or heavy and I apologize in advance if I can not entertain them a bit but that will surely be the lack of great sympathy that can lock my carácter
And I’ll go … ..
Having spent a few days of celebrations for the Bicentennial, the excitement continues, but I needed time for reflection.
I was one of the 8 million who traveled through what was called the “Walk of Bicentennial, but also by our Plaza de Mayo and the streets and avenues between Callao and Plaza de Mayo, and between Corrientes and Independencia and also were full of people moving from one place to place to live this party.
I felt like a small grain, yet important
The sand is a handful
But there are mountains of sand.
(Atahualpa Yupanqui – El payador pursued)
It is difficult to convey what it feels like so many voices together to sing the anthem or the March of San Lorenzo, but also the Happy Birthday it was like to sing for each other or for themselves. We were celebrating. It was our birthday.
And feeling like the chanting parts of songs as The Olimareños sang “Milonga del shot” and “Gallo black, red rooster.” Of course we also sing with Soledad Pastorutti and Fito Paez and Susana Rinaldi and other artists. But I emphasize these two subjects what they mean and because long time not listening. The people that chanting the songs was very young , and I agree with Eduardo Aliverti, I might have melancoly about the seventies but something returned.
From 4 days I lost only 1st and was always the same climate: PARTICIPATE.
Although you can do several readings, I get the following:
• Participation was happy but by no means naive and harmless. There were various thoughts and to exchange views and political discussions (I witnessed a few) but in the sense of exchange of views and thoughts and not fighting.
• Nothing changes for some holidays … or yes. I think for many it was a turning point for rethinking ideas, visions, positions.
• Who has ever organized a meeting for more than 10 people know the effort and work that meant organizing these celebrations with the participation of thousands of artists and I imagine the thrill of them before the magnitude of the public who participated and shouted cheers (Ernesto and I we had the chance to dance in front of 200,000 people-10% – and that enabled my guess). I tip my hat to all who in one way or another involved in this organization
• Parades, and especially the closure by Brute Force, were shocking (I missed what happened to the screenings and events in Plaza de Mayo and Columbus – can not be at all) but I’ll save the thread all which I think was the right thing:
- o It’s honored and celebrated people of yesterday and today
o It revalued the original peoples, European immigrants but also
o others parts of the World, mainly LatinAmericans
o returned to the vision of Latin American unity
o the integration is made visible not only nationalities but of different religions and manifestations of gender and the inclusion of the group that represented just homosexuals in the “Parade of integration.” But also because they could participate in the festivities which never do as people who are on the street and they were obviously displayed by those who want to see
o The selected historical passages told us about the participation and action of the people, sacrifice and pain of such participation but also of memory, hope, creativity and joy. I think all revolutionary and progressive seriously is optimistic, cheerful, sing, dance and is happily responsible for decisions and actions they perform.
o I welcome all the scenes but I’m going to stay with one that received no further comment: the penultimate, the classroom, children, the generation that will give life to the grandparents of the generation of the tercentenary (I overtook a lot … I do not think .) The references in the media was talking about a balloon but I saw an egg like that gives life to animals and humans (some are external eggs like chickens and other domestic and human egg or zygote) and within it, along children, teachers and researchers in their tasks, a sentence that is turned on and off constantly and most watched, read and applauded:
“We were able, we can”
I know these are only gestures and should be transformed into actions, a task that belongs to us all from the role each plays.
To paraphrase something I once read and I am indebted to the author because it is not who he is:
“Watch your thoughts because they become gestures;
Watch your gestures because they become words;
Watch your words for they become actions;
Watch your actions because they become habits;
Watch your habits because they are transformed into thoughts and ideology “
This is written in a personal capacity, is that Ernesto coincides with some things but it is he who declares his match and the magnitude of it.
For the time being to continue celebrating the 200 years that we comply player deserved a full glass that we have on hand and no gaps in the pool.
PS: It’s worth reading “The day of the Rosette” – Eduardo Aliverti – Page 12 – 31/05/2010
Note the semiologist Raul Barrientos – Page 12 to 27 or 05/26/2010
Letter and those of Fito Paez.